We are starting an exciting new project which will benefit our patients: BP@Home
Around 1/3 of adults in the UK have high blood pressure and don't have any symptoms. The only way to find out is to have your blood pressure checked.
Persistent and untreated high blood pressure is the leading cause of atrial fibrillation (irregular pulse) and can increase the risk of several serious and potentially life-threatening conditions such as heart attacks and strokes.
Why take blood pressures at home and not at the surgery:
- More accurate readings as you are relaxed in your own environment
- Can do it from the comfort of your home
- Gives you peace of mind to know your doctor is aware of your recent blood pressure
- No need for regular visits to the surgery
- Quick and easy for you
- Your doctor can identify elevated blood pressure quickly and optimise your medication
- Prevent serious health conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, kidney problems and vascular dementia
- You are still able to contact your GP at any time you are concerned e.g. dizziness, breathlessness
For further information please visit our Dorset website. If you are interested you can register yourself.
Should you have any queries please contact LiveWell Dorset on:
Freephone: 0800 840 1628
Local: 01305 233105
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.