No Smoking Policy
Smoking in all enclosed / indoor public places and workplaces in the UK is illegal.
Prohibited areas include places which are “substantially” enclosed, such as in shelters, outdoor stadiums etc.
As both our practice premises are private buildings we also have a responsibility to our staff and patients to ensure that they do not inhale secondary smoke or vapour.
OVERVIEW OF THE LEGISLATION
Under the legislation, premises owners/occupiers are required to display a prominent 'No Smoking' sign.
Smoking within buildings or not in a designated area is prohibited. Any member of the public caught smoking in and around the practice premises will be asked to extinguish the cigarette or stop smoking the e-cigarette or Vape and asked to leave. Failure to do so will result in the incident being reported.
Local Authority Environmental Health Departments are responsible for enforcing the smoking ban.
PRINCIPLES AND PROCEDURE
- The Practice displays ‘No Smoking’ notices which conform to the legislation on each entry door, in the waiting room, and in the publicly-accessible toilets
- Smoke alarms are fitted in public areas and toilets (to discourage illegal smoking)
- Patients found smoking will be requested to leave. Where difficulties arise the Police will be called without delay and without challenging the offender further
- Patients repeating the offence will be removed from the Practice list
- Electronic Cigarettes and Vapes also form part of this ban and must not be used on practice premises. These Cigarette substitutes are not regulated and still emit a vapour by the user.
The NHS offers a range of free services to help anyone wishing to stop smoking.
Visit www.nhs.uk/better-health/quit-smoking or call the free National Smokefree Helpline on 0300 123 1044.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.